Every year is an opportunity to start over again. I know it sounds corny but it’s true. Does it happen throughout the year? Of course. But the start of a new year is a great time to go big. To dream big. That’s what I always do and that’s what I am going to continue to do.
Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish in 2014.
- Learn to DJ – This might look familiar. 2013 was pretty crazy. So much so that I really didn’t have the motivation to learn a new skill. I’m passionate to find something I am passionate about – so as the search continues, my dabbling in activities continues. I’m going to make it happen.
- Do something about my less desired tattoos – I was fortunate enough to get an amazing tattoo by DJ Tambe late in 2013. His work has made me realize how shitty my other tattoos are and I need to do something about it. Perhaps removal or lightening and coverups are in order. I have all year to figure it out.
- Read more – It’s nice to be unplugged (even though I’m reading on my Nook) and take the time to enjoy the quiet and the story. I like to read while taking a bath so it’s increased my relaxation time tremendously. I’d like to keep that going!
- Compete in the figure division – I have been with a bodybuilding team since June and I have actually done more damage to my body than good. Yup. I’ve packed on at least 10-15lbs and binged on not-so-good foods. It’s time to get serious. It’s not just a goal, it’s a lifestyle and I need to remember that food can do some real damage to my health.
- Go on vacation – I planned a trip in 2013 so I need to make it happen in 2014. Malta, Finland, and Germany – here I come!
- Make a living doing what I LOVE – This one is going to be tough and probably won’t happen over the span of a year but it doesn’t mean I can’t get started. I’ve come to realize that I want different things out of life and that my definition of success has changed, quite dramatically, over the past few years. Another post to come on this subject. I feel so enlightened!
- Learn to play the piano – Yup, I’m gonna try again. Two big new skill things on my list this year but I LOVE music. I NEED to make this a reality! This is my goal.
- Be comfortable in my body – This kinda goes hand-on-hand with item #4. Since I’ve gone off of the deep end (nutritionally and physically) I don’t love my body. I want to feel confident, comfortable, and sexy in my own skin. I gotta put in the work.
- Spend more quality time & have a better relationship with Eric and the cats – Often I find myself doing other things while they’re around. Sure, we are together, but we aren’t really together. I’m hoping #5 and #6 can help with that.
- Be bold – When I was younger I had more confidence. I was still difficult to get to know, but I wasn’t really shy. Now I am very shy and very much an introvert. I feel like I miss out on opportunities because of this and I’m tired of it. I just watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty this past weekend. In the movie Walter is shy and quiet, but imagines these grand scenarios of what he would want to happen, or say in his head. I want to do and say those things. No more daydreaming.
- Do more of what I want and less of what I don’t want – Sounds simple enough, right? I’m tired of doing things I don’t want to do because I feel like I have to do them. I’m going to do things because I want to do them and because they light a fire in me.
- Make more memories – I want to live my life to the fullest. More adventures, more quality time, more meaning.
I think this is a good starting point for now. What are YOUR goals for 2014?